ParticipantsGame Jam 2020 is taken for students/amateur only (aged 18-24), who are passionate about game creation, currently living and studying in Vietnam.
Four steps to join Game Jam 2020Step 1: Access the website http://gamejam.gameloft.com, select Registration.
Step 2: Register by group and fill in personal information as required.
Step 3: Watch On-boarding Livestream at 19:00 on 8th January 2021 to know the contest topic and receive advice from Gameloft mentors on the process of making game as well as some notes and rules of Game Jam 2020.
Step 4: Compete in 48 hours game making online challenge to win attractive prizes.
AwardsCHAMPION45,000,000 VND1ST RUNNER-UP30,000,000 VND2ND RUNNER-UP20,000,000 VNDFAVORITE GAME5,000,000 VND
Timeline09-27/12/2020Registration19:00 08/01/2021On-boarding Livestream20:00 08/01 – 20:00 10/0148 hours
Game Making Challenge27/01/2021Awards Announcement
About Game Jam 2020Game Jam 2020 is held online with Discord software as the official communicate channel between contestants and organizers, mentors.Registration:Registration time starts from 00:00 December 9th to 23:59 December 27th, 2020.
Each team consists of a minimum number of 3 members and a maximum of 4 members, registering by team on the official website of the contest http://gamejam.gameloft.com. For the best preparation and evaluation, the total number of contest teams will be limited at 40 teams nationwide.
Unlike previous years, at registration step of Game Jam 2020, teams are required to submit an URL to a team-introduction video (including information of: team’s name; team’s slogan; their goals in Game Jam 2020; etc.).
Teams need to ensure the link is accessible during registration time and the organizers can download videos to use for communication activities of the contest.
In the event that the entries exceed the limit, the organizers will have selection basing on the energy and expression of teams in their introduction videos.
On-boarding Livestream:On-boarding Livestream will be on air on the official Facebook account Gameloft South East Asia at 19:00 on January 8th, 2021.
- Any changes in team’s members must be completed within registration time. The organizers will only take the final entry of each team.
- After registration time is over, the organizers will send an email of invitation to each team. Teams are required to officially confirm their participation in Game Jam 2020 via email within 03 (three) days after the email sent. In case a team does not respond the email, by default the team has given up the right to participate.
- The organizers will select other teams to replace the teams giving up their participation until the number of teams reaches the limit.
- Game Jam 2020 is a contest aimed at amateurs, therefore the organizers will eliminate any team whose members are employees or in the internship of any company in game creation/coding field.
All contestants and teams are encouraged to watch the livestream to catch the topic of the contest earliest and to receive advice / notes from Gameloft mentors.
48h Game Making Challenge:“48h” is counted from 20:00 on January 8 th to 20:00 on January 10 th , 2021. Any submissions uploaded before or after this time slot will not be eligible for evaluating and awarding.
Topic of the contest will be revealed in the On-boarding Livestream on the official Facebook account Gameloft South East Asia at 19:00 on January 8th, 2021.
In addition, the topic will be announced also on:
- Official website of Game Jam 2020
- Discord channel of Game Jam 2020
The organizers will provide each team with a link on Gitlab. Teams must update their team’s products every 8 hours. Final products of teams must be fully handed over to the organizers in the right manner and within the specified time of the contest.
Products that do not meet the conditions claimed in this record will not be considered eligible for participation in the evaluation process.
No other submissions are accepted in the Game Jam 2020.
Jury Board and Evaluation:Jury board of Game Jam 2020 includes 7 members who are senior managers of Gameloft Vietnam.
- The product must have a certain relationship with the topic given by the jury of the contest.
- Each team must take full responsibility for copyright of their products. The organizers do not involve in any issues about ideas coincidence between teams.
- Submissions must be new products created during the 48 hours challenge. In the event of a team’s product that has been previously created, published or used in another contest or in any other circumstances, it will be disqualified immediately.
- Content of games are not mentioned, related to political and cultural factors, or violate the rules of fine traditions, customs and other matters prohibited by Vietnamese law. Any violation will be disqualified from the contest immediately.
Jury board gives each team a score from 1 to 10 based on the following evaluation criteria:
Awards Announcement:The contest results will be announced on January 27 th , 2021 on the following channels:
- Excellence (30%): Game is evaluated comprehensively (from gameplay, graphics to controls, balance, etc.)
- Creativity (25%): Game has new and unique elements.
- Joy (25%): Game is highly entertaining, engaging and creating joyful moments for players, on which they are easily to get addicted.
- Cohesion (20%): Game has cohesion with the contest topic.
- Official website of Game Jam 2020
- Official Facebook account: Gameloft South East Asia
- Email announcing and congratulating winners from the organizers.
The voting time lasted from 11 th to 26 th January 2021, with the method of scoring based on like/reaction/share on each post: 1 like/reaction = 1 point and 1 share = 2 points.
The call for votes must be taken in the right manner. Any act of buying likes/shares discovered by the organizers or denounced (with sufficient evidence) by others will not be considered as valid for the “Favorite Game” prize.
From the time all submissions are posted on Facebook to 09:59 a.m on January 27 th , 2021, any games found to be cheating in any of the contest regulations will be disqualified from Game Jam 2020.
After the results are announced, Gameloft will not resolve any complaints or issues about the validity and quality of the winning games.
Responsibilities of the organizers of Gameloft Game Jam 2020:When force majeure occurs such as fire, natural disaster or unforeseen events, the contest may be postponed or rescheduled to another date. The organizers of Game Jam 2020 guarantees to publicly announce and create the best conditions for contestants to participate in the next event day.
By registering to participate in Gameloft Game Jam 2020, contestants are defaulted to read and agree to all rules and regulation set forth on this website. The organizers of Game Jam 2020 reserves the right to change the rules at any time in necessary and will publicly announce these changes to all contestants.
The organizers of Game Jam 2020 only use the information of contestants and submissions for the purpose of promoting the contest and announcing the prize. Any reason of using and providing information to any third party will not be carried-out without the agreement of contestants.
Floors 3, 4, Lilama 10 Building, To Huu Street, Trung Van Ward, Nam Tu Liem District