1. Participants:• All students (graduated less than 1 year) and seniors (unlimited number of years of experience) who are passionate about game creation.
• Compete in 2 group: Students & Seniors
• Open for Gamelofters in the Seniors Group
• Open for Interns of Gameloft and/or interns from others company in Students Group
2. Four steps to join the Game Jam• Step 1: Access the http://gamejam.gameloft.com and click Registration
• Step 2: Fill in personal information of each member of the team
• Step 3: Come to Game Jam Day on 26th October to get useful information about the game making process and notes when participating the contest
• Step 4: Game creation challenge in 48-hour to win attractive prizes
3. Registration• Register on the official website of Gameloft Game Jam 2019: http://gamejam.gameloft.com
• Registration period: From 0:00, 10 October to 23:59, 30 October 2019
• A valid registration is a TEAM registration, including:
- The registration of 3 - 4 members
- Each team can register only once
- One team member can register for the whole team on Game Jam website
• Number of teams:
- The rate of Students/Seniors is 70/30
- Ho Chi Minh: 25 teams
- Da Nang: 15 teams
- Ha Noi: 15 teams teams
• Changing your team members is possible only if within the registration period.
• When the registration period is closed, the organization board will announce the selected teams on the website and send to each team an email to confirm the registration status
|LOCAL AWARDS||03 CREATIVE AWARDS/ CITY
Requirement: 3 teams with the highest score in the STUDENTS group at each city
|01 CREATIVE AWARDS/ CITY
Requirement: 1 team with the highest score in the SENIORS group at each city
|NATIONAL AWARDS||01 1ST PRIZE
Requirement: The team with the highest score in the STUDENTS group at Vietnam level
|01 1ST PRIZE
Requirement: The team with the highest score in the SENIORS group at Vietnam level
|01 2ND PRIZE
Requirement: The team with the 2nd highest score in the STUDENTS group at Vietnam level
|01 2ND PRIZE
Requirement: The team with the 2nd highest score in the SENIORS group at Vietnam level
|01 3RD PRIZE
Requirement: The team with the 3rd highest score in the STUDENTS group at Vietnam level
|01 3RD PRIZE
Requirement: The team with the 3rd highest score in the SENIORS group at Vietnam level
|10/10 – 30/10
GAME JAM DAY
|9/11 – 10/11
a. TOOL & DEVICES▪ Participants are required to bring their own PC/laptops and necessary devices for the Game Jam (phone, cable, GFX tablets, USB/HD, etc.). They are free to choose the software and editors they want, but they will be held fully responsible for the license and security matters.
b. PRODUCT• The submitted product must be developed for Android platform and can be played on PC browser for testing
• The submitted product must be relevant to the theme provided by organizer at the beginning of the competition. The organizer is responsible to decide whether a game is relevant to the theme provided. No appeal can be made on that decision.
• The organization board will provide each team with a GIT LAB link. Each team is required to commit their product every 8 hours. The final version must be committed no later than the closing time. If not, the product will not be recognized.
c. RESPONSIBILITES• Each team warrants that the code, design and art being submitted in this contest are the original work of the participant/team only.
• Each participant/team agrees to not use any image or content related to politics/religion/age limit (18+/16+)
• During the Game Jam time, participants will be required to comply with organizer’s guidance.
• The organization board will not share the names of the participants, their contact or the source files of product to any other organization without explicit permission.
• When registering to the contest, each participant agrees to all the mentioned regulations.
• Gameloft reserves the right to reuse the submitted games and/or elements of the submitted games with their author’s name credited
• The organizers reserve the right to change, modify or make exceptions to all policies at will.
d. OTHERS• Food & beverage: Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served on Saturday and Sunday.
• A corner of snack, tea and coffee will be available at all time, during the event.
• Overnight: Each participant is free to stay. If the participant decides to stay overnight, it is his/her responsibility to prepare his/her own personal items for the night. The organization board recommends you to bring your own sleeping bag.
e. FORCE MAJEURE• In case of sudden black out, the extra time will be added to the total time of the 48-hour contest.
• In case of fire, natural disaster or other unforeseen events, the event may be delayed and postponed to another date. The Organizers guarantees to create the best condition for contestants to participate on the next organization day.
7. Jury board & Evaluation• The jury board is formed of 10 Gameloft Managers
• The composition of the jury board is made to reflect all the skills potentially included in each participating team, to ensure a fair and objective evaluation.
• The jury board will use the following CRITERIA to score the products:
- 25% for EXCELLENCE - Your excellence is based on your capability to create top products
- What is evaluated here? Game mechanics, balance, control, level design, art direction
- 25% for INNOVATION - Consider every second how to do things in a more creative way!
- What is evaluated here? The creativity of the game, whether it is new and unique
- 15% for PASSION - Let the game players see how much passion you put into it!
- What is evaluated here? Document/presentation about the product
- 10% for ENGAGEMENT - A perfect product must stick to the theme provided.
- What is evaluated here? The engagement between the game and the theme
- 25% for FUN - Creating fun for the world is what we are doing everyday!
What is evaluated here? Attractive to play, addicted to continue
• All results will be combined and calculated based on these criteria, to define the final results.