1. Participants:The contest is open to all students in HCMC & Gamelofters.
2. Time & venue• Time: 48 hours kick start from 19:00 30th November 2018 to 19:00 2nd December 2018.
• Venue: CirCo Working Space (1st – 2nd Floor, 384 Hoang Dieu Street, Ward 6, District 4, HCMC).
3. Registration• Register on the official website of Gameloft Game Jam 2018: https://gamejam.gameloft.com/
• Registration period: From 0:00, 29 Oct to 23:55, 25 Nov 2018
• A valid registration is a complete registration, including:
- The registration of 4 members maximum.
- Including at maximum 1 Gamelofter/ each team (optional). Gameloft will not involve in the creation and registration of your group.
- Example: One team can then be composed of 3 students and 1 Gamelofter, or 4 students, etc.
- One team member can register for the whole team on Game Jam website.
• All changes of your team members is possible only if within the registration period (before 23:55, on 25 Dec 2018), by messaging Facebook Gameloft South East Asia. The organization board will take the final registration result to select. After the registration period, any changes are invalid.
• When the registration period is closed, the organization board will announce the 20 selected teams on the website and send to each team an email to confirm the registration status.
4. Agenda• OVERALL AGENDA
|0:00, 29 Oct to 23:55, 25 Nov||Registration|
|19:00, 30 Nov to 19:00, 2 Dec||Game Jam|
|3 – 6 Dec||First Round |
Evaluating Top 10
|7 – 13 Dec||Second Round |
Announcing Top 5 in 10
|18 Dec||Final Round & Award Ceremony |
• Top 5 present their product with Jury Board at Gameloft
• Announcing final result
• GAME JAM AGENDA (FRI, 30-NOV to SUN, 2-DEC).
|17:30||Friday||Check-in (to verify information and arrange the team corners)|
|18:00||Friday||Opening speech and sum-up of the regulations|
|18:45||Friday||Game Theme announcement|
|19:00||Friday||Game Jam 2018 kick-start |
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served from Saturday
|19:00||Sunday||Product submission deadline|
5. Awards• THE 1ST PRIZE – 48,000,000 VND
• THE 2ND PRIZE – 22,000,000 VND
• THE 3RD PRIZE – 10,000,000 VND
a. TOOL & DEVICES▪ Participants are required to bring their own PC/laptops and necessary devices for the Game Jam (phone, cable, GFX tablets, USB/HD, etc.). They are free to choose the softwares and editors they want, but they will be held fully responsible for the license and security matters.
b. PRODUCT• The submitted product must be developed for Android platform and can be played on PC browser for testing
• The submitted product must be relevant to the theme provided by organizer at the beginning of the competition. The organizer is responsible to decide whether a game is relevant to the theme provided. No appeal can be made on that decision.
• The organization board will provide each team with a SVN link. Each team is required to commit their product every 8 hours. The final version must be committed no later than the closing time. If not, the product will not be recognized.
c. RESPONSIBILITES▪ Each team is solely responsible for the copyright of the software, tools and utilities used during Gameloft Game Jam 2018.
▪ Each participant/team agrees to not use any image or content related to politics/religion/age limit (18+/16+)
▪ During the Game Jam time, participants will be required to comply with organizer’s guidance.
▪ The organization board will not share the names of of the participants, their contact or the source files of product to any other organization without explicit permission.
▪ When registering to the contest, each participant agrees to all the mentioned regulations.
▪ Gameloft reserves the right to reuse the submitted games and/or elements of the submitted games with their author’s name credited
▪ The organizers reserve the right to change, modify or make exceptions to all policies at will.
d. OTHERS• Food & beverage: Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served on Saturday and Sunday.
• A corner of snack, tea and coffee will be available at all time, during the event.
• Overnight: Each participant is free to stay. If the participant decides to stay overnight, it is his/her responsibility to prepare his/her own personal items for the night. The organization board recommends you to bring your own sleeping bag.
7. Jury board & Evaluation• The jury board is formed of 6 Gameloft Managers
• The composition of the jury board is made to reflect all the skills potentially included in each participating team, to ensure a fair and objective evaluation.
• The jury board will use the following CRITERIA to score the products:
• 25% for EXCELLENCE - Your excellence is based on your capability to create top products
What is evaluated here? Game mechanics, balance, control, level design, art direction
• 25% for INNOVATION - Consider every second how to do things in a more creative way!
What is evaluated here? The creativity of the game, whether it is new and unique
• 15% for PASSION - Let the game players see how much passion you put into it!
What is evaluated here? Document/presentation about the product
• 10% for ENGAGEMENT - A perfect product must stick to the theme provided.
What is evaluated here? The engagement between the game and the theme
• 25% for FUN - Creating fun for the world is what we are doing everyday!
What is evaluated here? Attractive to play, addicted to continue
• All results will be combined and calculated based on these criteria, to define the final results.